Variety – the Children’s Charity International Oﬃce, is looking for an Executive Director (ED), with experience working with an international organization, to join the Variety team.
Across the globe, Variety – the Children’s Charity International oﬃces fund and deliver life changing programs that give children a better future. The Variety International oﬃce holds and protects the organizations IP, delivers national and international opportunities and works to build Variety’s proﬁle and standing. As an Executive Director, you can be a part of this team that helps children across the world. You will display caring, sensitivity, ﬂexibility, and people- ﬁrst communication in working with board members, Tent representatives, children with special needs, and all stakeholders. The ED will be responsible for Global Brand Marketing, Fundraising and Community Outreach, Tent Communication & creation of a Strategic Plan as it aligns with the direction of the Board of Directors and to serve the needs of the Tents. The ED will also be responsible for the Finance and Administration of the Variety Oﬃce as well as the administrative support of the Board. This position reports directly to the President of the Board of Directors and serves as ex-oﬃcio, non-voting member of the Board of Directors.
We are looking for the best – we are not asking you to move! To start, the ED will work remotely until we can secure new oﬃce space. You will have two remote employees, located just outside of Los Angeles, as part of your initial team. The new ED can then oﬀer future hires, both on-site and remote opportunities.
- Becomes the public face of Variety International serving as the organizations authorized spokesperson to the media, Tents (territory speciﬁc oﬃces,) and public.
- Works with the Board to develop and implement a multi-year strategy to set and achieve organizational goals.
- Conﬁrms consistent and updated brand standards across all communication channels. Ensures social media posts deliver a consistent message and impact while providing content that can be adopted by Tents.
- Works with board, staﬀ and Tents to ensure that the mission is fulﬁlled through global brand awareness & fund-raising programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Fosters strategic partnerships with professional, civic, and private organizations to raise the proﬁle of the organization.
- Work with Tents to ﬁnd and execute cooperative national and worldwide fundraisers, dividing proceeds equitably between participants.
- Lead the planning and execution of the annual Variety International Global Conference under the direction of the President and in cooperation with a host Tent and any volunteer committees needed.
- Raise funds and distribute grants in areas not served by a Tent in coordination with the Variety International Children’s Fund.
- Maintain all policy and procedure documents, ensuring compliance with all state and federal requirements, and that the procedures therein are followed.
- Signs all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization, with appropriate approvals of the board or responsible committee.
- Ensures proper ﬁling, storage, and retention of all needed records.
- Leads Variety International Oﬃce in a manner that supports the Organization’s strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree with a focus on social services or nonproﬁt management preferred (equivalent experience will be considered).
- Five + years of senior leadership experience ideally in the not-for-proﬁt ﬁeld
- Must be ﬂexible, a team player; able to wear many hats, operate with limited support staﬀ, and willing to step outside their comfort zone.
- Previous experience having worked for or having supported a national or international organization.
- Experience working within clients’ time zones and cultural expectations.
- Proven record of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving ﬁnancial results.
- A demonstrated understanding of fundraising and stewardship principles.
- Practiced at crafting and implementing strategic plans with measurable benchmarks.
- Skilled at assembling, developing and leading high performing teams.
- Organized with exceptional time management and performance management skills.
- Proﬁciency in ﬁnancial reporting, analyzing, budgeting and problem solving.
- Ability to eﬀectively communicate with individuals, board members, donors, volunteers, employees, the media, and community at large.
- Exceptional Communicator with strong written and oral skills – an excellent public speaker.
- Must understand social media and the various platforms reach and objectives.
- Strong work ethic, operates with integrity, transparency, and positive energy.
- Holds a valid Driver License and a valid, current passport
- Able to pass criminal background check
- Technologically proﬁcient having worked on all major software oﬃce packages, communication platforms (Zoom, Teams)