Stan W. began his professional career in insurance in 1996. He started in the underwriting training program at CIGNA Property & Casualty in Philadelphia, PA. Upon completing the one year program, Stan W. then went to work for CIGNA’s business development division as an internal marketing consultant working with McKinsey Consulting New York, NY. After CIGNA Property & Casualty was purchased by ACE Insurance in 1999 Stan W. then joined Reynolds & Reynolds Inc. in Des Moines, Iowa. Stan W. is President of the movie theatre division. His insurance program is endorsed by the National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO) currently doing business with over 40% of the movie theatres in the United States.
Stan W.’s life outside of work includes the following boards and family life.
- Variety – the Children’s Charity of Iowa board member 1999 to 2013. Producer and director of the annual Telethon since 1999. (Helped raise over 60 million dollars)
- Variety – the Children’s Charity of Iowa executive board for 5 years. President 2009-2010, immediate past President 2010 – 2011.
- Stan W. helped start Young Variety in Iowa in 1999 and it is the now the largest Young Variety in the world.
- He has attended all but 3 International Variety Conventions since 1995. (2 due to the birth of his children and 1 due to an overlapping business commitment)
- Variety – the Children’s Charity International: Vice President 2010 to present
- Variety – the Children’s Charity of the United States: President from 2010 to 2013
- Variety – the Children’s Charity of the United States Chairman of the Board 2013 to present.
- Gold Hearts: Was instrumental in changing the suggested donation from $2.00 to $3.00 in 2011 helping Variety – the Children’s Charity of United States tents raise more money.
- Works with NATO (CinemaCon) and Nielson companies (Showeast) to give away specialized bikes to Variety children at Reynolds & Reynolds Inc sponsored events for the last 5 years.
- Broadlawns Hospital Foundation Des Moines IA: Board member 2001-2004
- Youth Emergency Services Shelter Des Moines, IA: Board Member 1999-2002
- Leukemia/Lymphoma Society Des Moines, IA: Raised money and completed in the 2004
- San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon.
- Coach: VSA youth girls Soccer 2008.
- Coach: YMCA youth boys flag football 2014
Stan W. is married to his wife Laura and has two children, Caroline age 9 and John Henry age 7. Stan W. currently lives in West Des Moines, Iowa. He served 3 years in The US ARMY Infantry from 1989-1992 at Fort Benning, Georgia and Baumholder, Germany. He has a B.S. in Political Science from the University of Utah.