Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero
About The Movie
Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, in theaters everywhere April 13, is based on the incredible true story of the unbreakable bond between a young Soldier and a stray dog who, for his valorous feats, is still recognized today as the first dog promoted to the rank of Sergeant in the U.S. Army, the most decorated dog in American history and is widely considered the forerunner to the U.S. Army’s working dog program. Set against the backdrop of America’s entry into World War I, this computer-animated feature shows the world that the greatest heroes can come from the unlikeliest of places in a heartwarming “tail” for the entire family.
Special screenings of the movie for Variety are happening at these theatres on March 27th 2018.
- Los Angeles, California – Variety Tent #25: Regal LA Live
Special screenings of the movie for Variety are happening at these theatres on March 28th 2018.
- Cathedral City, California – Variety Tent #66: D’Place Entertainment Mary Pickford Theatre 14
- Redwood City, California – Variety Tent #32: Cinemark Redwood Downtown 20
- Deltona, Florida – Variety Tent #70: Epic Theatres of West Volusia
- Wheaton, Illinois – Variety Tent #26: Studio Movie Grill
- Gurnee, Illinois – Variety Tent #26: Marcus Gurnee Cinema
- Grand Rapids & Lansing, Michigan – Variety Tent #27: Celebration! Cinema Grand Rapids North / Celebration! Cinema Lansing
- Chesterfield, Mississippi – Variety Tent #4: Marcus Theatres Chesterfield Galaxy 14 Cine
- Downtown, Nevada – Variety Tent #39: Brendan Palms 14
- Williamsville, New York – Variety Tent #7: Regal Transit Center Stadium 18
- Brooklyn, New York – Variety Tent #35: National Amusements Linden Blvd. Multiplex
- Harker Heights, Texas – Variety Tent #17: Cinemark at Market Heights
- Fairfax, Virginia – Variety Tent #11: Cinema Arts
- Alberta, British Columbia – Variety Tent #61: Westhills Cinemas
- Winnipeg, Manitoba – Variety Tent #58: Scotiabank Theatre Winnipeg
- Vancouver, British Columbia – Variety Tent #47: Scotiabank Cineplex Theatre
All children are special. However, Variety – the Children’s Charity’s purpose is to serve children who are less fortunate – children who live and grow up with a serious illness, disability or disadvantage. These are extra special children who require a special kind of help.
That help is you and Variety – the Children’s Charity.
Under four core programs Variety – the Children’s Charity delivers on its promise to provide a future without limits for every child, regardless of their background or ability, and to be the most trusted and effective children’s charity in the world.
Variety’s Care Program delivers critical life-saving medical equipment and services, healthcare and well-being to individual children and children’s health organizations.
Variety’s Freedom Program delivers vital life-changing equipment and services for mobility, independence and social inclusion to individual children and children’s organizations.
Variety’s Future Program delivers crucial life-enriching communication equipment and services, education and self-esteem to individual children and children’s organizations.
Variety’s International Children’s Fund delivers imperative mobility equipment for children in developing countries.
Unlike most charitable organizations that focus on a single area problem or issue, Variety focuses on multiple unmet needs of children who are sick, disadvantaged or live with disabilities and other special needs at a local, national and international level through 44 offices in 13 countries. Our aim is to maximize the real, long-term positive social impact, opportunity and equality for all children. Variety welcomes the support of any person who shares our ideals and objectives.